I realized that I haven't posted anything about music in a while--I didn't mean for this to just be a blog about books (I'm a big fan of reading so I do post a lot about books). I am a writer, so I am really passionate about books and writing styles, but I also love music a lot too.
I grew up loving music from a young age--thanks to my parents and their love of it as well. My mom is a great pianist, and I used to sit on her lap as a kid and watch her play all the time. I really started to get into music with my first guitar class in jr. high, and choirs in high school. I had great experiences and great directors in choir, and it really made my love and appreciation for music grow.
I've been getting into some more recent groups lately (previously I was more into just choral music and soundtracks). I really like all types of music--with the exception of most rap, screamo, and really twangy country. The number one type of music I can't stand is screamo, or really heavy metal though. I hate music that is too much noise, and not enough actual music.
Being a choir nerd in high school, I love choral and a capella groups and styles. Being a writer, I love my soundtracks because they are great inspiration for writing and storytelling. I enjoy some classical music, and I like country a lot more than I used too. If a rap is clean, I'm not opposed to it necessarily. I kind of understand it better than I used to, and can appreciate it a little more. I like pop, indie, alt. rock, etc.
Here's some groups/artists that I am enjoying recently.
1. Cimorelli. They are a youtube group of 6 sisters with amazing harmonies and arrangements. They are releasing their first single this summer! You will hear more of them, I promise! Great girls, with great values and morals--being a Catholic family. They are great role models.
2. Taylor Swift. She helped me start to like country more with her pop/country style. She's an amazingly talented songwriter and I love her music. She has a great message, is positive, clean, and a good role model.
3. Owl City. Great, soothing music that has all been clean music from what I've heard. Very talented, electronic style. I like them.
4. Demi Lovato. I watched her on the Disney Channel, and I am impressed at how great of a singer/songwriter she's become. She's been through a lot, but stands up for what she believes in and isn't afraid to write about it.
5. Lady Antebellum. Another country group I'm starting to like.
Who's your favorite artists? What's your favorite type of music? What're your favorite songs? Let me know below!
No comments:
Post a Comment