So I realized that my last post was nearly a year ago and that I never did a book review for The House of Hades... Sorry about that. My life sort of got crazy! I will try and get up a review for it soon!
However I did eventually notice that The Blood of Olympus, the last book in The Heroes of Olympus series, cover was up and I did take a look at it, as well as chapter 1 that was revealed at the end of The Staff of Serapis short story.
Most of my predictions however are going to come from what I gathered from The House of Hades and other people's ideas.
So it's the end of the 5 book series and will be released on October 7th. Very exciting! I'm both excited and hesitant-I don't want it to be over and I'm scared on what Rick Riordan is going to do to my favorite characters, if you know Rick he's not very kind to his characters (or his readers). :)
I am sad to say that I have lower expectations because of HofH. It wasn't my favorite book, but more on that later.
So here are my predictions for BofO.
1. Rick Riordan said that some of his main characters are going to die (thanks a lot Rick. At least he's preparing us), and these are my predictions. The secondary character death route, which I think is the most likely: Reyna, Nico, and maybe Coach Hedge are going to die. He seemed to set them up for a tragic ending, like the tragic Greek Heroes of the past. Reyna is without love and feels like her only need to survive is for Camp Jupiter, which may be her final sacrifice in bringing the statue to offer peace. Nico has always been a tragic character, and it seems likely that he will die protecting Percy, or even (heroically) Annabeth for Percy's sake. Perhaps they will even be the two demigods who must be sacrificed for Gaea.
If other main characters were going to die, I would say Leo would be the one who may die, but it's really a toss up between all 7 of the crew members. I somehow doubt however, for all his cruelness, that Rick would kill off Percy and Annabeth since he already played that card to his readers in the last book when we thought they might die. Rick knows how much his readers love those two, so I doubt he will kill them off.
2. Somehow Leo and Calypso will be reunited, and it could either turn out good, or maybe Leo will die keeping his promise to return her to the world, and by a cruel twist of fate, Calypso will still be without the one she loves, even though she's free.
3. Gaea will be defeated. I know that's not a deep prediction, but Rick always lets good conquer evil in the end. But will he leave it open for another villain to come like he did at the end of The Last Olympian? We'll have to see.
4. Another big possibility is that Frank will die, as his life force is attached to a stick. Will it burn? I hope not.
5. Will Rick introduce a tie in series at the end with the Kane Chronicles? He's shown that he wants to combine them in the future like he did with The Son of Sobek and The Staff of Serapis. Those both ended with a possibility for a bigger tie in in the future. Maybe once he writes his Norse series he'll tie all of them in together. Now that would be epically awesome!
6. I think once the Athena Parthenos is returned, then Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter will work together to defeat Gaea and the giants. However I'll bet Octavian and his minions will try and prevent it. Has Octavian been working for Gaea all along??
7. The gods will finally snap out of their multiple-personality disorder and help out the demigods.
8. Each demigod will have a chance to prove themselves and will all get several chapters in the book.
9. Nico and/or Reyna will get a chapter. Or they'll be seen through Katoptris or the other's dreams.
10. Percy and Annabeth will find the truth out about Nico
11. Jason will finally get a bigger role in the book but will do something drastic to prove himself or help the others
12. Leo may have to sacrifice himself by fire and Frank may have to as well because of his stick
13. Percy and Annabeth will go to Camp Jupiter instead to live their lives
14. Jason, Piper, and Leo will want to stay at Camp-Half Blood
15. Frank and Hazel will probably stay at Camp Jupiter
16. We'll find out what price Leo had to pay for opening the fortune cookie
17. Maybe Thalia will die protecting Jason?
That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure I'll think of more later. What do you think? Do you agree or disagree? Comment below what you think!
No comments:
Post a Comment