School is finally out and so I finally have time to sit down and read without feeling guilty for not doing my homework.
I need to finish some books, and I'm looking forward to reading some new ones. Here's my current summer reading list/ideas:
1. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, in preparation for the upcoming movie this year. I was in the mood for some good sci/fi and it's an interesting one so far. It's not an "easy read" though, but I'm ready for the challenge.
2. Finishing Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. Ok, I know. I haven't finished it yet? I have a hard time reading "depressing" books really fast, I need some time to get through them. It's an emotional roller coaster of a ride, but it's a fantastic series that I want to finish-especially before the new movie comes out shortly after Ender's Game is released.
3. Finishing Inheritance by Christopher Paolini. Yeah I haven't finished that one either. Why? It's sooo long! But I know once I pick it up again, I won't be able to put it down.
4. Divergent by Veronica Roth. I was surprised to find out that this book is also being turned into a movie, since it's a more recent series. I started it in the fall, but want to finish it soon. It's pretty good so far. It's another YA Dystopian novel.
5. Finishing The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan for the second time. Why? Because it's awesome and I'm still slightly obsessed with this series. I'm almost done!
6. Finishing The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. Also haven't picked up this up for a while, but it's a good one too.
Ok, I really want to know a good series to read! Anyone have any ideas, because I can't seem to find one that I'm really hooked on like before. I'm talking the next Harry Potter, Inheritance Cycle, Percy Jackson worthy of a series. Or just a good, stand-alone book. I've been looking around and I can't find any really. If you have any suggestions, please comment below!
As for books I have finished, I did read The Hobbit before the movie release and I loved it! It made me love and connect to the movie even more as well. Definitely a must-read for you guys! Tolkien is a genius.
No comments:
Post a Comment