Friday, August 31, 2012

The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan preview (series SPOILER ALERT)

Ok, I'm slightly obsessed with the Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus books by Rick Riordan. Needless to say, I'm very excited for October (2nd?) when the third HoO book, The Mark of Athena, comes out. Here's what I'm predicting/worried/excited about:

1. A TON of love triangles. Like more than any book I've read before. The Leo/Sammy, Frank, Hazel triangle. The Jason/Piper/Reyna triangle. Possibly the Percy/Reyna/Annabeth triangle (I hope not and doubt it). And of course the Tyson/Ella relationship. :) Didn't see that one coming to be honest, but it's cute. These never seem to end well-at least for one person.

2. Is Sammy Leo? Or is he his grandfather or something? I'm going for the second one, because the first one would be crazy!

3. The funny and ominous, completely non-coincidental, fact that Leo has uncontrollable fire and Frank's life is tied to a stick that can be burnt at any time. And they may both fall for Hazel. It's turning into a dangerous love triangle.

4. I think Annabeth's the 7th demigod from the prophecy of 7. And what's with this dangerous "gift" she gets from Athena? I think she's gonna have some trouble in this next book and maybe even bring some about.

5. I think Percy and Annabeth are eventually going to get married. Percy was really thinking ahead in The Son of Neptune (if they don't die. I surely hope not and doubt it).

6. The Percabeth reuinion of course! Darn Rick Riordan's cliff hangers!

7. Judging by the cover, I think Percy and Jason are going to go at it-with an epic and emotional battle scene. I hope they eventually get along though!

8. I think the 7 travels to Rome.

Well, that's all I can think of, but I am majorly excited for this book! Any comments? Post below. I would love to see your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment